How awesome are these silicon patty-pan things!! So cute, and environmentally friendly. ChouxGirl loves the planet, you know.
Recipes from Taste.com.au
Classic Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 x 59g eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Queen Natural Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Alternatively, line holes with paper cases. Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 1 quantity classic cupcake recipe (see above recipe)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup dark or milk choc bits
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra, to serve
- 1/2 cup cream
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Follow step 1 of classic cupcake recipe, reducing self-raising flour to 1 1/2 cups. Stir in cocoa powder and choc bits.
- Follow step 2 of classic cupcake recipe.
- Bake cupcakes following step 3 of classic cupcake recipe.
- Make icing: Place cream and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth. Remove from heat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until a spreadable consistency. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with cocoa.
- Shortcut: Place cream and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power, or until melted and smooth.